Can't seem to install extension for 1Password 7 in Chrome

hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Edit 2: Well, I trashed Chrome, despite that it showed it was up-to-date. I reset it to default settings and reinstalled the 1Password extension. It now appears to be working correctly. I don't know why, and I'm not too happy about having to figure out how to put it back to my preferred settings, but I guess I no longer need help here.

I've been unable to successfully install the extension for Chrome on my new copy of 1Password 7. I've tried uninstalling the extension in Chrome, then reinstalling a fresh copy. When I try to use it to fill in a username and password, I only get the following popup. Since my default browser is Firefox, clicking in the button to respond opens the page in Firefox, not Chrome. But copying the URL from Firefox to Chrome only results in the same endless loop. The extension works normally in Safari and Firefox.

I've attached a partial screen capture from the Chrome response to Cmd-.

Edit: This same error message appears when I start up Chrome. I don't even need to try to fill a set of credentials; just starting Chrome pops it up. Click Get Help only dismisses the dialog - no help is provided.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MB59
    MB59
    Community Member

I have the same issue. It says it's installed but when you click on it, nothing happens. ??!

• Hi @hawkmoth! Glad it's working now. It's certainly odd that it wasn't though. Let us know if it kicks back into unhappy-land.

@MB59 Could you give what hawkmoth mentioned at the top of his post a try?

• MB59
    MB59
    Community Member

I uninstalled, and re-installed, yet still an empty attempt at the extension working. I'll just use Safari instead of Chrome.

• @MB59 Let's not stop there – if you prefer Chrome you should be able to use it. :) To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.