We each have a Medicare account. I can sign into mine. It will not sign into my husband's account.

bbl
bbl
Community Member

We each have a Medicare account. Same web site, but he has his account and I have my account. It will recognize my account when I sign in thru 1password, but not his, as though it can't switch gears from one account to the other. This happens on other accounts too. We have two houses with the internet from the same company. It won't let me get to my second account (for the other house). Is this a problem with 1password? Or is this problem coming from the company websites?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:it will sign into my account but then it won't sign into husbands account

Comments

• Hey @bbl! Can you sign in to his account by manually typing the username and password, not using 1Password? If so, the issue is likely somewhere in the way things are set up with 1Password. Let me know how that goes first though and we'll see what's next!

• bbl
    bbl
    Community Member

Yes. I can get into his account by typing everything on my own. His name and password is correct for the web page. Password one simply can't seem to have two accounts at the same web site?

• jtucker
    jtucker
    Community Member

@bbl

I don't know what is causing your problem -- I'll leave that to AgileBits folks to help with.

However, 1Password CAN definitely handle sites with two accounts. We have a small handful of sites where we have multiple login credentials (ID/password) and thus two 1Password login items. When I navigate to the site's login page and press "Cmd-\", 1Password Mini (browser extension) shows me both logins which I gave meaningfully distinct names and I simply click or cursor to the one I want and it logs in with the selected credentials.

It sounds like you might be trying to use it in a different way than I do. But again, 1Password has no trouble with sites that have mulitple logins, at least not in the way I use it.

• bbl
    bbl
    Community Member

Thank you for taking the time to help me. This did help. Thank you.

• @bbl Glad to hear jtucker helped out here. You can indeed have two Login items for the same website – in fact, you can have as many as you'd like. Did you get things set up for you and your husband? :)

This discussion has been closed.