Smart folder >> items with no tags

jens_jens
jens_jens
Community Member

I have to open a new ticket due to the old one was closed.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79368/smart-folder-items-with-no-tags/p1

Unfortunatly it still hasn't been implemented :-(

Or did I miss something?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited June 2018

@jens_jens,

I'm not sure if it was a mistake back then or not, because I don't recall us touching the smart folder code for version 7.

But, I'm able to create a smart folder that shows me items that have no tags on them.

Rudy

ref: apple-1557

• jens_jens
    jens_jens
    Community Member

@Rudy Thanks for your feedback.
    On your screenshot it seems that this is a manually created smart search which you can't store.
    In a previous version of 1P there existed a permanent smart folder for this.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

@jens_jens I have a smart folder in 1Password 7.0.1 that shows any untagged items. That folder carried over from 1Password 6 so it does work—and did work (for me) in 1Password 6. All you have to do is to create the relevant search item (as shown in rudy's post) and then Save the search.

Does that help at all?

Edit: I'm wondering if in the light of this thread, however, there may be some difference in creating a new Untagged smart folder in 1Password 7.

Stephen

• jens_jens
    jens_jens
    Community Member

@Stephen_C thanks for the hint it seems that I'm to eyeless but I can't find an option to store a smart search.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@jens_jens just click on the Save button (top right in rudy's screenshot) and it will save the search as a smart folder you can name. I'm assuming this works for 1Password.com accounts as well as for licensed versions. I'm using the standalone version.

Stephen

• jens_jens
    jens_jens
    Community Member

There isn't a Save button 8-)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@jens_jens are you using 1Password.com (the subscription version of 1Password)? If so, I'm suspecting there's a difference between that and the standalone (separately licensed) version that I'm using.

Stephen

• jens_jens
    jens_jens
    Community Member

@Stephen_C yes indeed I‘m using 1Password.com
    Seems a little bit strange because 1P forces the customer to use/switch to 1Password.com.

So my issue is still valid. :-(

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jens_jens,

It is and weirdly I can't find a pre-existing issue filed. I know the 1Password accounts don't allow for the search to be saved and synced but you would think there would be merit in allowing the search to be saved locally. Either I can't search properly or it's very well hidden if the issue has been filed.

ref: apple-1455

This discussion has been closed.