Bug: Browser Extension "Generate Password" is Creating Two Password Items Instead of One

invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac
  • New website and I need to register a username/password
  • I'm in Safari and need to generate a password
  • Selected the Browser Extension > Password Generator > clicked Fill (did make any modifications to recipe)
  • Went through the rest of the website registration process
  • Per prior discussions in the Beta forum, I don't make a Login item until I can logout and then login as a returning user. So, I jumped into 1Password standalone application and typed in the website and found two Password items. Everything was the same: password, last modified, and created.
    This happened yesterday and I ignored it. Figured I did something stupid.

1Password Version: 7.0.1 (70001002) AgileBits Store
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

Happened again this morning. Just after I clicked "Fill" I jumped over to 1Password 7 and saw two entries.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @invalidptr,

Yeah, I have no idea how our code is doing that but it definitely is. We'll definitely get that fixed but until then you'll probably find the 1Password menu option Help > Tools > Remove Redundant Generated Passwords comes in useful in helping to clear up 1Password's overzealous behaviour.

I suppose between no Password item being saved and one too many at least we're not losing a password any time soon.

ref: apple-1344

This discussion has been closed.