too many vaults appear

47beideman
47beideman
Community Member

set up 1P for a family member a few days ago - separate monthly family sub from my family's. just upgraded to v.7 (looks great!). i now see not only my family's vaults but other family members.

huh?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:too many vaults appear in 1P 7

Comments

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

versions
    1P - 7.0.1 (latest)
    1P mini - latest
    OS - 10.12.6
    no sync

• Hey @47beideman! I’d be happy to help. When you open https://start.1password.com/signin in a browser and sign in there, do you also see your other family members' vaults? If so, that's because they are shared vaults and you have access to them. Private vaults are only visible to the person whose vault they are. You can remove shared vaults from All Vaults in 1Password for Mac if you'd like:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

Let us know if that helps!

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

understand that. i set up 1password for a family member (not in our family group) and i'm seeing her vaults also (with difference login credentials).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@47beideman - Thanks for the clarification. Can you open Preferences > Accounts and tell me what you see there? Don't give any personal information in this public forum; the question I'm asking more-specifically is: are you signed into more than your own 1Password Families account there?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member

i see both my family's account and the one i setup for an extended family member

• Right; then you’re going to see the extended family member’s vaults (you are signed in as them). If you select that account and then tap the “-“ button at the bottom of the preferences screen that’ll remove their account from your installation of 1Password and you will no longer see their vaults. Only your own account should be listed there if you only want to see your vaults.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.