auto sign-in doesn't seem to work the second time

dougmon
dougmon
Community Member

I am running Chrome on a Mac (OS X 10.13.4). In preferences, I have "Automatically sign in after...etc." check

When I first go to a site, 1Password presents me with a choice of which login I want to use. This happens even if there's only one possible login, which seems to be different behavior than 1Password 6; with 1Password6, if there were only one possible login, the fields would just be filled. After I choose the correct entry, the user/pass fields are filled and I am automatically signed in.

However, the second time I go to a site, the user/pass fields just get filled, but I don't get automatically signed in.

1Password Version: 7.01
Extension Version: 4.7.190
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: account

Comments

• Hey @dougmon! Is 1Password locked when you first try to sign in? If so, unlocking it will present you with a list rather than filling automatically.

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

It could be locked, but this is one of the differences I seem to remember between version 6 and version 7. With version 6, when I unlocked it and there was only one possibility, the user/pass fields would be automatically filled. With version 7, even if there is only one possibility, I get a one item list of suggested possibilities, and I have to hit return to get it to fill. And then it's sort of hit and miss as to if it will sign me in.

I realize this is a different issue I'm talking about, but I feel it's somewhat related.

Thanks for the answer, though.

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

One more thing -- I've just found that 1Password doesn't always show a list of suggested sites if there's only one possibility. Sometimes it just fills the user/pass fields.

• @dougmon Indeed, the issue I mentioned is that 1Password 7 only fills using the shortcut when it's unlocked. If you have to unlock it first, it won't fill them until you click Fill or press enter on the selected Login item for the website.

One more thing -- I've just found that 1Password doesn't always show a list of suggested sites if there's only one possibility. Sometimes it just fills the user/pass fields.

Yep, that's how 1Password has been for a very long time. :) It gives you a nice shortcut.

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Thanks. What I see happening that I recall as being different in 1Password 6 is this: for some sites, it will show two possibilities -- the login credentials and credit card info. I would like it if it just signed in and didn't show the credit card info as a login possibility. Is there a switch I can flip to make it do that?

Thanks for all your help. And sorry about the rambling...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dougmon - no worries for asking questions; that's what we're here for. In terms of a switch, no, nothing like that. If you use the keyboard shortcut ( ⌘\ ), you should get an automatic fill unless you have multiple logins for a specific site. But no credit card information should be displayed in such a case.

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

Often when I sign in, a list appears in the left pane of the app. One item is the user/pass data, the other is the one credit card I have in 1Password. Sometimes I have to hit return to get the fill, sometimes I don't. It doesn't matter whether it's locked initially or not.

Does my description of the issue make sense?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dougmon - I'm not quite sure I understand you. If you have only one login for a site, using the keyboard commands should fill your data in immediately without showing you the 1Password Extension Helper. However, if you have either more than one or zero items for the site in question, the Extension Helper (mini) will be shown. When it is, there will be a list of credit cards and also identities (since often these are what you want to fill on sites for which you don't yet have a Login record).

• dougmon
    dougmon
    Community Member

Sorry, I've been out of town with sporadic internet access, so I haven't been able to reply.

I think I understand what you're saying, but also -- when I log into a site with only one login, I don't think I should see my credit card info as one of the suggested items. Does that make sense?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dougmon - it makes sense to me that you don't think it should be there, yes -- but we've specifically made those options more available - or at least more visible - in the new mini in 1Password 7 for Mac. For reference, that information was always to hand, even in the old mini, it was just harder to access:

Previously, you had to scroll down to "Credit Cards" and wait for the flyout menu to show you the credit card you wanted (often needed at sites if you're subscribing or purchasing something). With the new mini, you just scroll down.

This discussion has been closed.