Can't bind Command + Option + \ as a keyboard shortcut.

levy
levy
Community Member

Was trying to rebind the keyboard shortcuts. Since I installed 1Password 7 the Command + \ is triggering in every application.

When I wanted to bind to Command + Option + \ it throws an warning that I want to bind to Command + C.

See screenshot here:
https://cl.ly/0p1e1I2w0p0y

How can I bypass the warning and update the keybinds?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @levy,

So the dialog is possibly misleading but can you confirm something for me please, you're trying to alter the existing ⌘\ shortcut to ⌥⌘\ is that correct? That is a default key binding in 1Password already under the title Show 1Password so you wouldn't be able to repurpose it without first altering it to make ⌥⌘\ available.

If I've misunderstood and the issue is a wider one, being unable to alter the ⌘\ shortcut to anything else please do correct me.

• levy
    levy
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

I get the error from the screenshot with all the shortcuts unbound to begin with.

Maybe I should mention that this was the initial issue after I have upgraded to 1P 7.
    In 1P 7 the fill login shortcut shows the mini popup. I am using ⌘\ in a lot of other applications, in some of them being a default keybinding (Atom IDE, show/hide directory tree).

Going back to the original issue, I also did check if there anything else bound to ⌥⌘\, but there is nothing, yet I am getting the error for ⌘C.

Hope that clarifies the issue.

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

@levy Thanks for letting us know. Could you try restarting into safe mode and setting the shortcut there?

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know how that goes!

ref: apple-1411

• jmprice
    jmprice
    Community Member

I can confirm the same issues as @levy. I reported it to the AgileBits team about a week ago but haven't heard back so I was checking in to see if anyone else was reporting it.

1Password 7 is definitely breaking my keyboard shortcut to Show 1Password Mini with "Alt + Cmd + \". I'm getting the same error where 1Password confuses it for "Cmd + C". I validated that it was an issue with 1Password and not at the system level. I can successfully map other keyboard shortcuts to "Alt + Cmd + \" inside of my systems keyboard shortcuts and it registers. Just 1Password has that error.

• levy
    levy
    Community Member

Sorry for the late reply, took me a while to find the time.

@Jacob your suggestion does work. Thanks
    As a temporary fix you can update the shortcut in Safe mode.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@levy: No worries! Thanks for letting us know that helped. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmprice: Did you try setting it in Safe Mode as Jacob suggested? Please let me know. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

If running Alfred, what Xipper posted here might be where the conflicting shortcut is:

The solution is: Open Alfred Preferences, select Features, click File Search, click Actions section, click in box at bottom and delete.

I hope that’s helpful!

• asheikhp
    asheikhp
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Alfred is definitely the conflict

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing. That may help others as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.