1Password application disappeared after most recent update

jvfCR34VFxAU4W3
jvfCR34VFxAU4W3
Community Member

I just confirmed the latest suggested update, and the main application has disappeared (? appears in the dock where the application used to be) and my Firefox browser extension doesn't work. Any suggestions? The mini-app is still there and is still working. What's going on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6 (16G1314)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @jvfCR34VFxAU4W3,

(? appears in the dock where the application used to be)

Although you didn't mention which version of 1Password you're using, my hunch is version 7 and that's probably the icon that previously opened 1Password 6. This Apple support article explains how to remove it:

macOS Sierra: If the Dock contains an icon with a question mark

So does this one, which also explains how to add Dock items:

macOS Sierra: Use the Dock

You can do that to add 1Password 7 to your Dock.

and my Firefox browser extension doesn't work.

If necessary, update 1Password to the latest version (currently 7.0.1, for 1Password 7). Also check that the 1Password extension for Firefox is installed and up-to-date (along with Firefox, with 60.0.1 currently being the latest).

Then restart your Mac, check if 1Password works with Firefox, and let us know if you're still having trouble. We'll be here if you need more help to get it working. :)

• lonecell
    lonecell
    Community Member

I have a MacBook Pro and the 1 password icon in the dock has a question mark on top of it and won't allow me to open it from the dock

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I have a MacBook Pro and the 1 password icon in the dock has a question mark "?" on top of it and ie

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

Hi @lonecell,

I've merged your Grayed out ?" mark on icon thread into this one. Sounds like you have the first issue that jvfCR34VFxAU4W3 reported, and hopefully the first part of my earlier reply will help you fix it. Cheers! :chuffed:

ref: ANY-73635-259

• lonecell
    lonecell
    Community Member

1Password for Mac 7.0.1 is now available.

7.0.1 (build #70001002) removed icvon from dock dragged and dropped from app folder and now updating. It worked thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hurray! Thanks for letting us know that worked for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.