How do I upgrade from 1p6 to 1p7 without uploading my vault to the cloud?

Paul Holbrook
Paul Holbrook
Community Member

I'm a 1P6 user with a standalone license. Today I downloaded 1P7 on one of my machines and signed up the 30 day trial of the subscription service. When I installed 1P7, it automatically uploaded my local vaults into the AgileBits sync service.

I have another machine I use 1P6 on a with a vault that is not synced anywhere. In 1P7 parlance, it's a local vault, and I want to keep it that way - I don't want the data in that vault to be synced into the cloud.

I want to make sure that when I install 1P7 on that machine, I don't automatically sync that vault into my AgileBits cloud account. How can I do that?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You may find this detailed AgileBits' post helpful.

Stephen

• Paul Holbrook
    Paul Holbrook
    Community Member

That link was indeed quite helpful; thank you, Stephen.

I did end up in the same situation as the person in that link where it kept asking me if I wanted to sign up for a new subscription. I had to end up doing 'Reset All 1Password Data' before it would give me the 'New to 1Password' screen that gave me the option to see my local vault. (Oddly, before I reset the data, I could see it was very briefly showing that 'New..' screen before blasting right on to the Signup screen. But it's good now.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there Paul Holbrook,

Good to hear that you got it all sorted out. Thanks for the help @Stephen_C! :)

@harczuk
    That is not true. You can revert back to standalone usage at any time. Most of the standalone preferences and features are hidden while using an 1Password membership because they are irrelevant and unnecessary and would only cause confusion for most of our users, but they can be brought back at any time by turning on the "Local Vaults" option in the Advanced tab of 1Password's preferences. We are not interested in locking in anyone into any situation they do not want to be in.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@harczuk

Yep. There are couple of steps involved in doing it, as I mentioned earlier, but you can do it at any time.

This discussion has been closed.