How to Delete Local Vault in 1Password 7

Community Member

I have 1Password 7 with both local and 1Password cloud account vaults. How do I delete one of my local vaults? The option is not there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2018

Preferences, Advanced has an option to allow creation of local vaults outside the account. If you uncheck this it will delete the local vaults.

Community Member

I'm unable to uncheck it, as it's greyed out.

Community Member

Anyone?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I don't actually know the answer. But are you logged in? Some preferences are only available when you are logged in.

But I see that you are actually asking about deleting one local vault and keeping another. I really have no idea about this, my previous answer would delete them all.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @2349378428

In order to delete a standalone vault, open up 1Password and, in the top menu bar, click Vault>Switch to Vault>pick the vault you want to delete and then Vault>Delete Vault.

Please note that you cannot delete your "Primary" vault while over standalone vaults exist. You will need to delete those first if you want to delete your "Primary" vault which, considering that you, as you say, are using a 1Password membership, you should do.

This discussion has been closed.