1Password mini not defaulting to correct login

maus
maus
Community Member

Haven't been able to figure this out, when I invoke 1P Mini to fill a login I'm getting the third option in the list as my default.
Previously 1P Mini would choose the first (and obvious login) from the list.

Right now it's choosing my credit card info instead of a login. Any ideas how I could default to the login on a login page and not something else?

Thanks.
Mau

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @maus,

The new 1Password mini remembers certain things between calls e.g. if you perform a search, dismiss (but not using the esc key) and call 1Password mini back it will remember what you had been searching. I can get 1Password mini to start with focus on a credit card by highlighting the entry, dismissing 1Password mini and then calling it back.

That said, If I select the top Login item I find it sticks and it will keep the best match highlighted for me. I would be interested in learning if you see similar or if you're finding that 1Password is dementedly selecting your Credit Card item no matter what you do.

• maus
    maus
    Community Member

Thanks for the help @littlebobbytables

You are correct, whichever item was in focus the last time 1P mini was used will stick and be selected the next time 1P mini is called.
    I guess the last version didn't do this and years of habit confused me.

I guess I now have to remember to always check I'm on the correct login item before leaving 1P mini. Seems like one more thing to be aware of but if there's no workaround I'll get used to it.

Thanks again!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

It might be we need to refine the behaviour as well. Try playing with the new mini for a while and let us know what you think. It's a very new mini so I'm sure there areas we can improve to make it more friendly or more usable.

• maus
    maus
    Community Member

I'm back to this conversation to see if I can get confirmation that the behaviour of 1Password mini is still supposed to work this way.

Basically whenever I invoke the 1P mini, the default selection may be any item I used last time and not the actual login for the site I'm visiting. Is this correct? Today I visited a site for food delivery and the default on the 1P mini was my credit card.

1P mini also offers my credit card info when visiting my bank website.

Is there a way to force a specific item in 1P mini to always be linked to a site?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@maus - if the URL pattern (domain, mostly) for a saved Login item in 1Password matches the site you're actually on, then that should be the first result. But it does need to match. If you saved a Login for a TLD and you're attempting to login to a subdomain, you may not get the matches you expect (depending on specifics).

There's currently no user-selectable way to force items to rise to the top of a search, except for making sure your items match the actual login page URL, and you can also use Favorites, which will be sorted at the top of matching records (useful if you have many logins for a given domain, as some people do with Google or other popular sites).

• maus
    maus
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Lars, I just ran into the same issue where I went to a site, brought up 1Pmini and my Visa card was selected. My thought is that I used the visa last time I opened mini, but can't be sure. Either way, it didn't select the YNAB item at the very top.
    Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@maus - the most likely cause of something like that would be a mismatch in the URL of the login page with whatever you have saved in 1Password. This can happen fairly regularly if sites you save Login items for have a different registration URL than they do for actually signing in. "Well-behaved" sites handle this internally (or use the same page), but often, there's an entirely different URL path for registering than there is for signing in, so although the domain itself will match, the prefix (subdomain) won't, or there'll be other anomalies. If the difference is significant, 1Password won't "match" it by selecting it but will offer it as an item matching the overall domain. Is that what may have happened here? Have a look at the actual YNAB sign-in URL and compare it to whatever you have saved in your Login item for YNAB, let me know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.