Upgrading to ver 7 on macOS broke syncing for Family Plan.

ken_appleseed
ken_appleseed
Community Member

I just upgraded my macbook to version 7. When OP started, there was a system notification that there was an issue that needed to be resolved. When I clicked the "Fix it..." button, the OP settings panel opened and it said that there was no syncing location set. I'm on the Family Plan.

I'm not sure why that's happening now... My OP on mo iOS device running version 7 seems to be syncing just fine. When I add a new password, the syncing indicator in the OP iOS app spins for a few seconds, then stops. But when I go back to the macOS app, the newly added PW isn't there.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:ver 7 sync

Comments

• ken_appleseed
    ken_appleseed
    Community Member

User error :face-palm: As it turns out, I had an old "Primary" vault that was probably a hold over from... who knows when ... some eon before we moved over to Family. Anyway, I cleaned that up and no more sync problem. We've used OP for years and I was telling my wife "don't cha go messin' wit muh 1P!!" :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @ken_appleseed,

I'm happy to hear things all came good :smile: That sneaky Primary vault has a potential for causing all sorts of confusion so I'm glad you discovered it and now seem to have everything in place. If you come across any other odd behaviour please let us know but otherwise I hope you're enjoying 1Password 7.

This discussion has been closed.