1Password 6 not allowing me in with password

SPONGEZILLA
SPONGEZILLA
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I'm using 1Password 6 (version 6.8.9) on a Mac (10.13.4) along with iOS. I can get into my iOS device using the thumbprint, but on the Mac I'm unable to get in using my password. I've tried all possible variations of the password that I've used and none are letting me in. I can tell that it's the password I use based on the hint, but the password that I'm using which matches the hint in all instances isn't letting me in. I've not changed anything with regards to this password so I don't know why it'd change or lock me out?

Note: The program had NEVER done this to me in the times I'd used it in the past and had always worked with my password.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• SPONGEZILLA
    SPONGEZILLA
    Community Member

I was able to get back in but it appears there has to have been some form of bug. I had to rollback to a previous backup to be able to use my password. Once in, I was able to access my Dropbox vault which previously was not showing up on the Mac (but was showing up okay on iOS). I was then able to login without issue and update my master password to a different password (which I couldn't do before because I couldn't even log in). I'm not sure what the culprit was if it was the most recent update on the Mac that bumped me out or a recent update that I just didn't notice. I'm back in now, at least for now. fingers crossed Had me scared for a bit. LoL

• Hey @SPONGEZILLA! Glad to hear you got in with a previous backup. If you changed your Master Password since that backup was created, that would be why your Master Password wasn't working. If you notice this happening again in the future, we're happy to help investigate. :)

This discussion has been closed.