Options
2»

Comments

• davidboone
    davidboone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I was one of the original people to identify this issue, in a different thread (Lars replied to me). I am running 2 partitions with fast user switching, one for my wife and one for myself. MacOS 10.13.6 and 1Password 7.0.7. As an example, I start in my partition, Safari is always open and running in my partition to manage a Plex Server. The only tabs open are those that I use to manage the Plex Server. I fast user switch to my wife's partition, I open Safari, select to access a website, enter her 1Password password and the site opens. I switch back to my partition and that same site is now open in Safari in my partition. When I say open, I mean completely open and logged in, no password entry required.

So, yes it is working, but not the way it is intended. How should I proceed?

Kind regards,

David

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options

@davidboone, When you say "partition" do you really mean "user account"?

@Ben, if we are really talking user accounts here then it appears we are talking about the issue I documented in

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/448976/#Comment_448976

However, the key difference is that when I switch back to the other account the site is open but NOT logged in.

(Since that post I updated to 10.13.6 and confirmed the behavior remains)

Robert

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @rlh. I had a draft written asking essentially that same question. We are re-working how the 1Password extension works with Safari in general and I expect these types of issues will ultimately be resolved by that work regardless. In the future 1Password will integrate with Safari through an SAE (Safari App Extension).

Ben

• mtk67
    mtk67
    Community Member
    Options

I put the latest beta build (7.1 B3) on the Mac the other day and I can't get the Safari browser extension to fill in anything. Clicking it just makes the Safari window blink. I've rebooted the Mac and restarted Safari. It does the same thing for both of the users on the machine. I feel kinda stuck.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtk67 - you may need to reinstall the 1Password extension in Safari. Have you tried that yet? I've also just answered your other thread where you say you're trying to get off the beta. Would that render this moot?

This discussion has been closed.