Need some help please

KingCompton
KingCompton
Community Member

Hi. So, I bought a 1Password 4 licence for Mac and Windows in 2015.

Since then, I've used that on both my Windows PC and MacBook Pro. However, yesterday, I reset my laptop to factory defaults and now I am having issues with reactivating my 1Password 4.

Basically, I can download 1Password 4, and then I can activate my licence. However, 1Password then tells me there is an update available. I click update, but nothing happens. Also, when I try to use the browser plugin, it says something like cannot fill, check if Google Chrome is updating and restart the browser. I've tried that but nothing happens. I read online and it says to upgrade to 1Password 7, but my licence doesn't work for that. So what are my options at this point, I have a 1Password 4 licence key, that is currently running on windows, but my mac is having issues with compatibility.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @KingCompton! I’d be happy to help. With your license for 1Password 4, you can actually use 1Password 6, which is compatible with macOS 10.13 – the version of macOS you have. I'd recommend installing that version and setting it up. You can also upgrade to 1Password 7 if you want, but it is a paid upgrade and your current license won't work with it. Hope that helps for now!

• KingCompton
    KingCompton
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob, I managed to sort the issue by just paying for membership, it was easier. Thanks though!

• Glad to hear it @KingCompton! That's definitely easier. :)

This discussion has been closed.