Synch option missing

mikeojohnson
mikeojohnson
Community Member

I have a subscription and recently updated to 1password 7 from the App store. I have an iMac pro and MacBook pro, a phone and iPad.
The upgrade worked fine on all the devices except the MacBook pro.
I synch my data on dropbox.
The Synch menu item doesn't show in the preferences menu on the MacBook Pro. It used to work fine under 1password 6.
Mike

1Password Version: 7.01
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: current
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hey @mikeojohnson! Sorry about the confusion. It sounds like you may have migrated your data to a 1Password account when upgrading to 1Password 7. Do you remember signing up for an account? If you did, your data is being synced there automatically now, and you paid for 1Password using a subscription there, which is a bit more affordable than a license.

Keep in mind that with a license, you won't get the benefits of a 1Password membership. With a membership, you get all the 1Password apps (and always up to date) so you can use it on your computer, phone, tablet, or even a browser, automatic sync between all the devices you end up adding, versions of your items that are backed up automatically so you can restore one if you make a change by mistake, and much more: https://support.1password.com/why-membership

If you do decide to use a license, migrate your data to a Primary vault and choose 1Password 7 > Purchase License from the menu bar. Then follow the onscreen steps to purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac. :)

Hope that helps!

• mikeojohnson
    mikeojohnson
    Community Member

I think I figured it out. I was used to just updating. I think you should have made it clearer that if you are going to the subscription model the vault process and synching changes.
    I understand the subscription model and don't have a problem supporting you that way, but when process changes with a product that has been in use for several years, a heads up would have been appreciated.
    mike

• Jacob
    edited May 2018

@mikeojohnson Glad to hear it! I'm sorry upgrading to a license like you wanted wasn't more of a clear process. We've made a few improvements to that in the last two versions of 1Password 7 and have a few more coming. :)

This discussion has been closed.