Should I create 2 entries for 3rd parties that use both login & membership number, e.g., AAA

Marciedp
Marciedp
Community Member

I would prefer to use one entry for each vendor or other 3rd party for which I store identification information in 1Password. Is it preferable or necessary to store such information in more than one category in order to get all the information stored? Another example are logins and reward programs. Suggestions on the best way to handle this would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Should I create 2 entries for 3rd parties that use both login & membership number?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @Marciedp,

Honestly it's what works best for you, I don't think there's really a right or wrong answer. There are certain categories I don't use at all and I probably would just add a bunch of custom fields to a Login item if that seemed like the right move. Between custom fields and the Markdown rendering in notes in 1Password 7 it's quite possible you won't use a number of the categories.

I just looked at my vaults and for a moment I was asking myself, I have an item in the Rewards category? Then I realised it was my test vault :lol:

This discussion has been closed.