I seem to have synced with the wrong chain--but I can't find the right one!

thewelshman
thewelshman
Community Member

I had to re-install Mac OS on my computer.

I downloaded 1 Password 7 and synced it with my 1Password folder on Dropbox.

But I noticed that this 1PW only contained 34 items, but my previous copy (and those on my iPhone and iPad contained 750 items.)

Any guidance on what to do next?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10/13/4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @thewelshman! It sounds like 1Password 7 imported a different vault than the one you're using on your other devices. Since you're syncing with Dropbox, the vault 1Password 7 imported might have been an OPVault, which is all it supports – on your iOS devices you might be using an AgileKeychain. Open Dropbox and check what 1Password vaults are there. If you see an AgileKeychain one, import it to your Mac:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. From the menu bar, choose File > Import.
    3. Select 1Password Keychain, then navigate to your AgileKeychain and import it.
    4. If there are any duplicates, switch to the vault that has them, then click Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate items.

Now open 1Password on your iPad and iPhone and tap Settings > Sync. Disable sync there, then enable it again with the OPVault. Lastly, delete the old AgileKeychain from Dropbox. Hope that helps!

• thewelshman
    thewelshman
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the advice.

I went back to 1PW 6 in the end, and this seemed to work fine.

I'll stay with this version for the moment. It is working very well.

Tnx

• @thewelshman Okay sounds good. To make things easier when you do upgrade to 1Password 7 in the future, convert your vault to an OPVault in 1Password 6:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

Hope that helps. :)

• thewelshman
    thewelshman
    Community Member

Thank you for the tip

• Anytime :) Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.