1P7 Will Not Auto-Submit Logins

Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member

Ever since I updated to 1P7, I've lost the ability to automatically submit logins. 1P keeps asking me to "select a script folder", but I don't know which folder to select...how can I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@Mr. Laser Beam

Try simply accepting the default location which pops up. That worked for me.

• jbiedlin
    jbiedlin
    Community Member

Laser - If you go to Preferences/Browsers, you will see a new option there that says "Submit passwords after filling." You need to check this box for the autofill.

• The default folder when that dialog appears is correct -- ~/Library/Application Scripts/.

• tomasnorre
    tomasnorre
    Community Member

This is all i got in my "Settings > Browsers"

Suggestions what I can do ?

I'm on 1Password 7

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tomasnorre! We removed support for Autosubmit in 1Password 7 for Mac, due to changes made by Apple. In 1Password 6 for Mac and earlier, we were using a small script file that simulated the press of your Enter key to submit the Login form after filling. Although our use of this was entirely benign, Apple pointed out when they released Safari 12 that using a script that simulates the press of so powerful a key ("enter/return") is also how some of the world's worst malware installs itself, so they disallowed it in Safari. After consideration, we actually agree with Apple's reasoning, so as of version 7, autosubmit is no longer available in 1Password for Mac. We're always keeping an eye on the changing landscape, so if it becomes feasible to re-add autosubmit in a way that preserves user security in the future, we'll of course consider re-adding it. But for now, that's the explanation.

• tomasnorre
    tomasnorre
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks for an elaboration.. Liked it better before, but understand the reasons, so like that option better :)

SecurityFirst

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tomasnorre - yep, that was our thinking as well, for the most part. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.