Vaults and sync options - please clarify

axel_luedecke
axel_luedecke
Community Member

So I've made the step and switched from 1PW6 Family standalone to 1PW7 Family subscription.
I entered my login data already at a very early stage of the 1PW subscription in 2017, which generated the Secret Key and Master Password etc at that time. However, I was still continuing using 1PW6 standalone, so the subscription went into Freeze mode after that Demo month. More months were passing and today, as I said, I switched to the family subscription. I paid and reactivated my account now.
And now I am a bit confused with the many Vaults (primary, personal and shared), sync options (iCloud, Dropbox, Folder - not the Agilebits sync option) on my Mac App and the step-by-step instructions to migrate not matching what I see on my desktop.

What I see now is that all my data on the 1PW7 Mac App is in the PRIMARY vault. Shouldn't it be in the PERSONAL folder? How to migrate/export it?
On the Mac App under Imports I can select where my Data is coming from(1PW Keychain, 1PW6, Older 1PW, LastPass, SplashID, others). I select 1PW6 and now I have to select the file whichopens a folder under Library/Group Containers/2BUAxxxx.com.agilebits/LibraryApplication Support/1Password/Data which includes many .blob2 files (all greyed out) and 2 .sqlite files (B5.sqlite and OnePassword.sqlite) which I can select, but don't know which would be the right one.

On the synchronisation on the Mac App I only do see the primary vault as available vaults (no personal or shared) on the left and this Primary vault sync with "nothing". Other options ina pull down menu are iCloud, Dropbox or Folder. Where are the other Vaults? and where can I use the Agilebits synchronisation to use?

Thanks for clarification

-Axel-

1Password Version: 7.01
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @Axel

Sorry for the delay, the 1Password 7 launch has left us with a lot of support requests.

You are correct, in order to take advantage of the benefits of 1Password membership, you want your data to be in your Personal vault. The reason you don't see any of your account vaults (Personal, Shared) in the Sync settings page is because they do not use 3rd party sync methods. In fact, those options will go away entirely once everything is migrated properly.

If all your data is currently in your Primary vault, what you want to do is open up 1Password and, in the top menu bar, click Vault>Switch to Vault>Personal and then Help>Tools>Migrate Primary Vault to Account. This will bring up the Migration Assistant which will help you migrate all of your data over to your Personal vault. At the end of the process, you will be prompted to delete your old Primary vault, do so.

Hopefully that sorts everything out for you. Let me know how it goes. :)

• axel_luedecke
    axel_luedecke
    Community Member

The migration now worked like a charm
    and it also auto-synced to the my.1password.com website - at least I found now all entries on the my.1password web login as well
    So it looks everything is active and enabled as it supposed to do

thanks

• @axel_luedecke So glad to hear it! :) On behalf of Corey, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.