1Password 6 / Version 6.8.9 (689001) - continues to be maintained and developed?

samos54
samos54
Community Member

I tried to translate my question in German from May 27:

Since 2015, I'm using 1Password6 on the imac and iphone. I am very satisfied with it and do not want to give it up anymore. Now I want to know if 1Password 6 / Version 6.8.9 (689001) continues to be maintained and developed? Or do I have to switch to Password7 to benefit from the further development?
Many thanks for the answer.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 / Version 6.8.9 (689001)
Extension Version: 7.7.1.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samos54, great question! 1Password 6 will not be actively maintained as all of our development resources will be focused on 1Password 7.

Since 1Password 6 has treated you so well, I think 1Password 7 will do the same :smile:. 1Password 7 is the most-comprehensive upgrade we’ve released in years. We reconsidered and retooled nearly every aspect of 1Password for this release, from the gorgeous new mini to increased security. You will want to upgrade if these new features sound good to you:

• Watchtower 2.0 (now with 100% more superpowers!)

• Built-in integration with Troy Hunt’s pwned passwords service to easily check your passwords.
      • Two-factor authentication-enabled sites you might not know about (complete with direct links to how to enable it for each account).
      • Expiring items list - know when you need to renew credit cards, passports and more!
    • New, fuzzy search-powered Quick Open, to take you right to the item you need.

• Duplicate items remover - quickly and easily compare items and remove duplicates in your vaults.
    • Spotlight integration - find your 1Password items with Apple’s built-in search engine.
    • Complete redesign of every aspect of the user interface, from the new dark sidebar to a custom, easy-to-read password font to gorgeous new monogrammed icons for items without a custom icon.
    • And if you’re not sure whether 1Password 7 is for you, you can try it for a whole month free when you sign up for a 1Password membership.
  • samos54
    samos54
    Community Member

Hi jadchaar
    Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    TomorrowI I will switch to 1Password7 with a membership.
    samos545

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

That is great to hear @samos54, you will not be disappointed :smile:. Please do not hesitate to reach out if any new problems come up!

This discussion has been closed.