Chrome extension does not work after upgrading to 7.0

maxvt_pd
maxvt_pd
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Left-clicking it does nothing. Right-clicking says "1Password Extension (desktop app required)". Restarting the machine did not help. Uninstalling and reinstalling the extension did not help.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Hi there @maxvt_pd . I'm sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password in Chrome. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#$$MASK$$]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

if you'd like this report to get to me directly you can send it in to support+roo@1password.com

• metahari
    metahari
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem, do you want me to use the same tag when I send in the diagnostic? The extension worked fine with 6, and won't work at all with 7.

• Hey @maxvt_pd and @metahari! Does 1Password happen to be installed in your user Applications folder, often referred to as ~/Applications? While this would have worked with previous versions of 1Password, 1Password 7 is now sandboxed so both 1Password and any browser you want to use with it must be located in the system Applications folder. To get things working again, you can move 1Password to that folder:

1. Open 1Password and press Command-Option-Control-Q to quit it completely.
    2. Move 1Password 7.app from ~/Applications to /Applications.
    3. Open 1Password again and restart any open browsers to start using it.

Let me know how that goes! :)

• maxvt_pd
    maxvt_pd
    Community Member

@Jacob, that was it. After moving the app and restarting Chrome (twice, because the first time it still showed "1Password can't fill forms in your browser") things started to work. Thanks much!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@maxvt_pd

On behalf of Jacob, you are most welcome. :)

• metahari
    metahari
    Community Member

Oh, Bliss! It's working! That was a very frustrating week. (Moving Chrome, even thought I thought it was in applications, worked!) It may have also fixed 1password7 from crashing everytime i clicked a link. Thanks!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Happy to hear it @metahari. :)

This discussion has been closed.