Unintended consequences of the single process 1PW7?

btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

So I understand the fact that 1PW7 is now running as a single process. However, I can't help but feel that a few other usability or standard usage consequences may have resulted from the change. For example:

• When booting your Mac, 1Password now fires up the dock icon and bounces before disappearing to the menu bar
  • When firing up the "full" 1Password application, that application icon no longer bounces (since it is already technically running). This is a bit unintuitive since most other programs don't really behave that way
  • And this is a new one, but now when I click the Safari 1Password extension button to fill out credentials on a website, the 1PW mini application pops up as expected, but then the full 1Password application opens up behind the mini application forcing me to move or minimize it before getting back to my Safari window.

Is anyone else finding these changes somewhat annoying? 1Password is literally my favorite app and I evangelize it often. I hope some of these might get addressed going forward.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @btownguy,

And this is a new one, but now when I click the Safari 1Password extension button to fill out credentials on a website, the 1PW mini application pops up as expected, but then the full 1Password application opens up behind the mini application forcing me to move or minimize it before getting back to my Safari window.

This is actually a bug and is not intended behaviour. Our development team is aware of it and a fix should be made available in the future.

As for the other points, they are largely shared with other applications that run similar sorts of menubar/full app processes as 1Password. While I don't see it really being changed. It's definitely good to hear feedback and would be interested to see if other users felt the same way.

This discussion has been closed.