Is it possible to create categories yet or are we stuck with the ones you created?

SheAlsoComputes
SheAlsoComputes
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Hi 1P,

In 1P 7, have you added the ability to add our own categories yet? I'd like to keep all of my serial numbers for computers, appliances, etc in 1P, so I have everything in one place. I was hoping you'd finally add that, but I don't see it in 1P 7. Will you please let me know?

Thank you very much,
SheAlsoComputes

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac and Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:category

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

It's not possible in 1Password 7 to create custom categories but secure notes are very flexible and I use those for the sorts of things you mention. When I say "very flexible" I mean, particularly, you can add exactly the 1Password field types that you need (date, password, text, URL, etc.) and label sections and fields as you choose. In effect, you can customise a secure note to do exactly what you want.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, hopefully we'll be able to add a custom categories feature in the future, but it will involve a lot of big changes across 7(!!) apps now, so I don't imagine this can happen in the short term. Secure Notes are a great way to store all sorts of information though.

This discussion has been closed.