Moving nested tag out of the parent

ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hey guys,

I have a small issue with the new nested tag feature. I was trying it around, moved one tag into a nested one and then realised, I rather want it outside. OK. But there is actually no simple way how to do it. I can easily move a tag inside another one by simple renaming it to to "target parent/original tag". But if I try to rename it back, it only allows me to change it's name, but I cannot remove the parent.

So the only way I can do it right now is to create a new one outside, move all the items there and then delete the old one, which is not really smooth experience. Maybe allow drag & drop within tags? I guess that would be one solution, or something through context menu.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2018

Hi @ondrejfuhrer ,

Thanks for taking the time write up the issue you are having. There are a few cases to tag manipulation that we are still looking at, and this is one of them. So, right now, short of editing the items one by one, it can't be done, but we are looking into it.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-1476

• ZeppoVA
    ZeppoVA
    Community Member

Hey Folks - having same troubles with managing tags as listed in post from early 2018:

• can't manage tags into or out of sub tags unless I manually edit each item
    • Renaming a parent tag does not stick - it reverts to the old name apparently because the sub tags are named with the old tag name instead of updating the items already tagged with the old name
    • Auto fill of tags kicks in and is rather impossible to deal with if multiple tags start with the same characters.

If I am not mistaken, moving and renaming tags used to be really easy via renaming and dragging ...

Can you advise on approaches to managing or timeframe to make tag management easier?

• Hi @ZeppoVA ,

Your first point is not supported yet. We do plan on improving tag manipulation, and that is one of the ways we are looking at.

For your second point, what method did you use to rename the tag? I just tried it (right-clicked the tag and chose rename) and it seems to work fine. If you still can not, please let us know what version of 1Password you are using.

Finally for your third point, autofill suggests based on what you type, but the suggested text is pre-selected, so if you just keep typing, paying no regard to what is selected, the autofill should not get in the way.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.