Pressing ALT to reveal password doesn't work with CAPS LOCK on

ruimelo
ruimelo
Community Member

Hi team,

Yesterday I noticed that I can't reveal my password with the shortcut ALT key when CAPS LOCK is on. The same happens when the SHIFT key is being pressed.
It should be able to reveal passwords with the ALT shortcut either having CAPS LOCK on or off.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Rui Melo

1Password Version: 7.0 (70000019)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @ruimelo,

Thanks for the feedback, the reveal behavior was improved in 1Password 7 by making it so that the option key be the exclusive modifier key being pressed. Capslock/shift is considered a modifier so that's why you're seeing the behavior you're seeing.

Rudy

• ruimelo
    ruimelo
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy, so that means this is an intended behavior and will stay as is from here forward?
    Is there any possibility for this to become a toggable configuration?

• ruimelo
    ruimelo
    Community Member

I ask this because all my company passwords are upper case and the authentication forms have copy + paste disabled so I have to constantly enable and disable CAPS LOCK while memorising bits of the password while pressing ALT to reveal. It is a bit time consuming and very frustating

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2018

Hi @ruimelo ,

To clarify, we don't allow other keyboard modifiers to be pressed so that passwords wouldn't be accidentally be revealed while pressing keyboard shortcuts like Command-Option-Shift-L or something similar.

Caps Lock doesn’t really get used much in keyboard shortcuts so we can look into making an exception for that key.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-1480

• ruimelo
    ruimelo
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_kevin for your time and consideration

• Hi @ruimelo ,

Good news. The caps lock exception will be implemented. You should see it in an update soon.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• @ruimelo,

If you're using the agile store version then that change is in 7.0.3.

Rudy

• ruimelo
    ruimelo
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_kevin, @rudy

• @ruimelo,

No problem, let us know if you have any other requests or questions! :+1: :)

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.