Autofill passwords not associated to any specific web

lpuerto
lpuerto
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

I would like to know why you removed the capacity to autofill (or fill) passwords that they are not associated to any web in particular.

I have a couple of passwords that aren't associated to any web in particular and before I was able to just search for the name and then click on the 1password extension and they'll fill on the password field on the web I was visiting.

Now, I have to c&p the password where isn't any autofill option.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lpuerto,

Any filling with either Password or Login items should require that the domains of the current page and stored in the item match. I'm unaware of that not being the case in the past but if it were then I believe we would consider it a bug.

What I'm having trouble trying to understand is why you would ever need the ability to fill the same password on so many sites that you want the ability to fill outside of the domain matching. In rare scenarios where you need 1Password to fill a single password on two or more domains due to how the site is set up you can add secondary website fields but from experience I tend to find these are quite rare. Anything more generalised and my gut feeling is you're not using 1Password to its full potential to help protect you online - unique passwords for each site is one of the best protections against any single site being compromised.

I would be very interested in learning more about why you would want 1Password to do this.

This discussion has been closed.