How Can I Get Out of "Read Only" Mode?

23Raatt3x
23Raatt3x
Community Member

I purchased 1Password for my iMac from the AgileBits store. However, I apparently got 1Password on my MacBook from the Mac App store (which is in the "read only" mode). Both are version 6.8.9 & sync through iCloud. I would like to get rid of the read-only mode on my MacBook.

By searching this forum, I followed the suggestion to trash the 1Password app on my MacBook & then download it from the AgileBits store. However, the only version of 1Password in the AgileBits store seems to be version 7 (which requires a subscription).

How can I resolve this problem? Thank you kindly!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:"Read Only" Mode

Comments

• @23Raatt3x,

If you're still looking for version 6 you'll want to click on the "Using OS X El Capitan or earlier?" link on https://1password.com/downloads

For standalone license users Version 7 is a paid upgrade, so the license from 6 and earlier won't work with it. There is an in-app "read-only" button that when clicked will take you through either moving to a subscription or purchasing a standalone license if you'd still like to purchase 1Password that way.

Rudy

• 23Raatt3x
    23Raatt3x
    Community Member

Thanks, Rudy. Actually, Daniel @ AgileBits got back to me with the appropriate download link. Problem solved! Again, thank you.

• rudy
    edited June 2018

@23Raatt3x,

:+1:

ref: HQK-82611-277

This discussion has been closed.