1Password for Mac couldn't open, now how do I get my App Store license?

Tambe257
Tambe257
Community Member

I purchased 1Password in January 2016 from the App Store. Recently when opening the app there was an error saying it couldn't open, to delete the app, and then re-download it from the App Store. I did that, but now how do I get my license to work with 1Password7? I'm not even sure what my license# is. I searched my emails, but I'm not sure Agilebits would have emailed it, given it was through the App Store. I know I could buy it again or subscribe, but the error message that came up gave no indication that when I did re-download it I wouldn't be able to use it!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Tambe257,

The January 2016 purchase you made was for 1Password 6 and doesn't include 1Password 7 with it so to use 7 you would need to either subscribe or purchase a license in our direct download version. The Mac App Store version of 1Password doesn't support a one-off purchase anymore.

If you're looking for the specific version you've paid for then you'll need to navigate to the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store to locate your previous 1Password 6 version in order to install it.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.