1P7 on Firefox, struggling with suggested items

annahc
annahc
Community Member

I upgraded to 1P7 last week, and it mostly works. I am having one problem that is pretty unpleasant, though.

When I go to a website and then use the Firefox extension, 1P is correctly figuring out which login I want. It shows up in the Suggested Items on the left hand side of the pop up. Unfortunately I can't click on it or drag it to the login window. On the right hand side (where I can click) I get lots of logins that are similar, but not the exact match that shows up in the Suggested Items. In my case this matters a lot - I have a lot of similar but not identical logins in terms of the url. I can tell that 1P still knows the difference, I just can't seem to take advantage of it.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.1.7.9
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1p7 firefox

Comments

• Hi @annahc! To tell the difference between Login items in 1Password 7's mini, you can click the arrow on them or press the right arrow key and that will show you the item itself. We're working on adding the username to the title in 1Password mini if an item has the same title as another one so it's easier to know which item is which.

ref: apple-1264

• annahc
    annahc
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob! I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I've been trying to get a screen shot of it, but am struggling to do so.

My problems isn't about being able to tell the difference between logins - they've all got different titles. My problem is that I have so many that end in salesforce.com that when I go to any salesforce.com url, they are all potential matches for 1Password. The domains are all slightly different, so the suggested item in the left hand panel is correct. The right hand panel seems to default not to that suggested item, but rather to somewhere in the middle of all those salesforce.com logins. As a result, I wind up having to scroll way up in the left hand side to get to the top one, which is the one I want. Either that or search for the unique text in the login. I can do both those things, but they're definitely adding steps/seconds to what had been a really fast process before the upgrade.

And yeah, I know I have too many logins. What can I say, I really need 1Password!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@annahc

I know I have too many logins. What can I say, I really need 1Password!!

You have however many you need, and 1Password is designed to make it easier to manage them -- or it should be. I confess I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're referring to, however. You can take a screenshot of what you see using that link if you're not sure how to go about it.

• annahc
    annahc
    Community Member

Native screenshot did work, thanks. Here's a shot, with some stuff greyed out to protect the data.

I'm going to a url that is publicXXXX.my.salesforce.com. I've got that password saved with that particular url, and that's why it shows up as the match in suggested items. Unfortunately, I can't click on that one.

1P is, by default, selecting the most recent my.salesforce.com url, even though it doesn't match publicXXXX.my.salesforce.com. The only way I can use the publicXXXX.my.salesforce password is to search for it, which is a bummer, since 1P seems to know what I want.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@annahc -- ah, yes -- this is indeed a bug in 1Password 7 currently that we're working to improve upon. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime, and thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.