Keeper to 1Password import horrifically broken

wgmcg
wgmcg
Community Member

I've spent like... 9hrs now trying to get keeper to import into 1password and I give up. Screw both of you. I now have 1500+ passwords printed on paper. Password managers are awful. Passwords are awful. Honest to god you're better off without a computer, and I've been a software engineer for 20 years.

What a sh*tshow.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@wgmcg,

I've replied in your other thread. I'm sorry you're having so many issues.

I get the frustration, but as a software engineer, you know this stuff can be challenging at times, for any of us. Asking for help early and often when required is OK!

Please see your other thread.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86395/keeper-to-1password#latest

and let work from there.

• wgmcg
    wgmcg
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Well, the importer bails on the Keeper export within a second. It imports zero records from it. I've abandoned keeper and restored my 1password db from a backup and reconciled (at the cost of hours) all of my differences by hand.

I meant what I said. This entire endeavor is HOPELESS. Passwords don't work and password managers don't help much at all. By the time you navigate the matrix of multiple password rules, combined with the fact that 1passwd saves every password you try such that you end up with several for each site, the chances that you're ever going to easily have the password on hand for a given website are slim to none.

Of course you can use the same password everywhere, but eventually you'll get hacked and have all your money stolen and your credit ruined.

The only real way to not ruin your life is to stay off the internet.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@wgmcg

If you are not interested in help, there's nothing I can that can be done.

If you want help, I need you to help me help you. I have helped tens of thousands of people, know how to do it, and do it well.

The converter suite's Keeper converter works; it has been used by many, and recently got an update to deal with Keeper's change in export format.

Let's avoid the rants and doom-and-gloom; it serves no purpose here. My only aim is to help you.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2018

@wgmcg ,

I'm presuming you're on Windows. It appears the new Keeper 12 for Windows adds a BOM to the CSV export. This is yet another change to their export format. I'll fix it today and will post an update to the 1.10 version of the converter suite .

Edit: I've updated the converter suite to work with Keeper Desktop 12's change in export format on Windows.

This discussion has been closed.