Locked out of account on MacOs and iOS

JasonN
JasonN
Community Member

Hi there,

My master password is no longer accepted. I haven't changed anything. Any help appreciated. This has only happened because I rebooted my iPad.

Kind Regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @JasonN

Well that's no good. Are you sure you are typing in the Master Password properly? Mobile keyboards are notorious for typos so it is entirely possible that you might have mistyped something accidentally. Try typing out the password in a note and then copy/pasting it into the Master Password field.

Otherwise, were you perchance, using a user PIN (a 4-6 digit code or something to that effect) for quick unlock? PINs are not your Master Password. Having restarted your iPad, you need your actual Master Password in order to unlock 1Password for the first time.

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I've tried typing by hand on the desktop edition using my emergency pack copying the digits across. No good.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@JasonN The fact that you say digits makes me thing it is the PIN issue I mentioned earlier. However, you also say that you use 1Password on your desktop. Are you able to unlock that?

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member

Yes, I can unlock the desktop app.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Alrighty, @JasonN If you can unlock the desktop app, that makes things far easier. Do you sync your data somehow, either via Dropbox or iCloud?

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member

I use iCloud. Sorry for the delay. You seem to have a spam block in effect.

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member

Okay I am back in but I don't know how. Okay, my Master Password has changed.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Oh, so you got back in? Great! Is everything working now?

• JasonN
    JasonN
    Community Member

Everything is good, Corey. Thanks.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Cool, great to hear it. :)

This discussion has been closed.