Getting the 'Buy license or log in screen' on my second MacBook

ecdj
ecdj
Community Member

On my workcomputer installing 1Password 7 worked flawlessly. I installed the app through the Mac App Store. And got an 1Password.com account. Before I was using a license.

When I tried installing the update on my personal computer, it started giving problems. I did the same procedure, installed the update. Logged in my 1Password account and it seemed to work fine as well. But yesterday I kept getting the 'get a license' screen again. And it hasn't stopped. Whenever I tried to access my passwords and autofill them through either the Chrome or Safari extension or 1Password mini. I keep getting the 'get a license screen' and actually can't use the app.

Hope you can help fix it for me.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Update to 1Password 7.0.2. The release notes include the following:

This update allows you to skip over the "welcome" window and sign into the 1Password account you created elsewhere. Similarly, if you purchased a standalone license on a different Mac, you can double click the license file to apply it and be taken right to the lock screen.

Stephen

• Hey @ecdj! Stephen beat me to it, but yup – 1Password 7.0.2 has just what you're looking for. 👌

This discussion has been closed.