6 licence to 7 subscription - what is going on?

smith4925
smith4925
Community Member

I have 3 computers and 2 phones that I'm trying to switch to version 7 subscription. I started with my Mac at work, went through the whole process and everything seemed good. One thing it asked for was to change my Master Password which I did. It also asked if I wanted to delete the old keychain which I also did. Once I got home things got a little more complicated. I went through the same procedure on my MacBook and everything seemed fine. Then I noticed it didn't want to take my new Password for the Vault it wanted my old one. I also noticed my old Vault was still there and 1Password was still syncing to my dropbox. When I set up my phone I checked to see where it was syncing, sure enough dropbox. So, how do I get rid of my old Vault and syncing to 1Password web service? How do I get 1Password to use my new Vault password and not old one?

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• smith4925
    smith4925
    Community Member

It worked on the first computer but not the rest.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @smith4925

The reason your old password is still being expected is because that old vault still exists. Deleting it will solve all of your issues.

On the Mac, open 1Password and, in the top menu bar click Vault>Switch to Vault>Primary and then Vault>Delete Vault.

On the phone (I'm assuming iOS here), open 1Password and tap Settings>Vaults>Primary>Delete Vault.

• smith4925
    smith4925
    Community Member

On the phone and desktop should I shut off dropbox sync as well? I'm assuming so. I feel like this should be redesigned. Sync implies you choose your backup, but 1password is not listed. I understand why it's not listed since its automatically syncs. It might be clearer if 1password was listed and have a list for each vault.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@smith4925 Once those two vaults are deleted, Dropbox sync will automatically be disabled and the sync settings hidden as they are no longer relevant.

• smith4925
    smith4925
    Community Member

How do you delete a vault within 1Password? This should be self explanatory, but I can't find it?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

In the sidebar highlight the vault you wish to delete and then go to 1Password 7 > Vault > Delete xxx Vault... (where xxx is the name of the vault you have highlighted and wish to delete).

Stephen

• smith4925
    smith4925
    Community Member

In the menu there is no Vault or delete vault option?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sorry, it must be different with the subscription version. (I'm using the standalone version.)

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@smith4925 - sorry for the trouble. If you have more than one local (standalone) vault, you'll need to use the vault menu to switch to the vault you'd like to delete (other than Primary), and then visit Vault > Delete (NAME) Vault. If all you have is the Primary vault, you can visit Preferences > Advanced and UN-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts."

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Stephen_C - you had it almost right -- using the 1Password 7 prefix is likely what threw @smith4925 -- that's the way we did it in <1Password 6. In 1Password 7, there is an additional Vault menu in the menubar, and when you are viewing a specific local vault, that's where you'll see the Delete ___ vault command.

This discussion has been closed.