1P7 crashes when using "Choosy" as default browser

sandman4sure
sandman4sure
Community Member

With Choosy you can choose what browser to use when you click a link.
When clicking the website in 1P7 it should show you your browsers and then you can select which one to use.
This worked great on 1P6, but with the new 1P7 I get a crash every time

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sandman4sure - things are a little different with 1Password 7, as you've noticed. I'm sorry it's affected your workflow. However, for 1Password 7 for Mac, we instituted the more private and reliable method of using the openURL command for Open & Fill. Unfortunately, the increased stability means that Open & Fill won’t work if your default browser in System Preferences is a browser-chooser like Browser Fairy or Choosy instead of an actual browser. We're currently evaluating how we might get back to a semblance of the previous behavior while retaining the gains of doing things this way, but we don't have anything to announce on that score just yet. In the meantime, you can reset your Default Browser to Safari (or Chrome, etc), and sorry for the inconvenience.

• nickv2002
    nickv2002
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

I have the same problem and would appreciate some option to swap back to the old behavior.

I use Choosy as a meta browser on my Mac.
    I can make 1Password 7.0.2 crash when I use Open & Fill every time while Choosy is set to my default browser. This didn't happen with 1Password 6.

Please investigate. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.4
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Thanks for writing in @nickv2002. A number of folks on our team use Choosy or similar as well. We’d definitely like to find a solution.

Ben

• Florian
    Florian
    Community Member

+1

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Noted @Florian, thanks for the feedback!

ref: apple-750

This discussion has been closed.