Dead-in-Water after Upgrade to 1Password 7

DavidDMF
DavidDMF
Community Member

I was using 1Password 6 with no problems then I upgraded to 1Password 7 (1P7). Now, 1P7 does not work. I use a MacBook Pro (2017) with High Sierra (10.13.4) and have 1Password Version 7.0.2. and Safari Extension 4.7.1.

I can open 1P7 and I see the icon in my Safari toolbar. When I'm on a website that I want to use 1P7 to enter my user id/password, I click on the icon in the Safari toolbar (just like I always did). When I click, the 1P7 app moves to the forefront (in front of the website I'm trying to access) and then goes back to the background...in a matter of less than a second. Nothing happens on the website...the user id/password are not entered.

Alternatively, if I go into the 1P7 app and double click on the account I want to access, nothing happens...the website does not appear (like it always did in 1P6), and of course, no user id/password gets entered.

As for another issue, if I create an account on a new website, 1P7 is not asking me if I want to save it to 1P7 (like it did in 1P6).

I uninstalled the Safari extension in accordance with https://support.1password.com/uninstall-extension/#safari, restarted Safari, and re-installed the Safari extension. That did not work. I then deleted the safariextz file and tried again. Again, that did not work.

I am dead-in-the-water with 1P7.

I sent an email a few days ago but nothing heard back yet. I figured maybe the online board might be responsive and helpful. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

1Password Version: 7.0.2.
Extension Version: 4.7.1.
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @DavidDMF ,

This sounds like you might have another copy of 1Password installed on your machine somewhere. Check your downloads folder and if you have another version in your Applications folder. If you find any, trash them (or zip them if you need to keep them and trash the original). After that, restart, and give it another try. It should work after that.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• DavidDMF
    DavidDMF
    Community Member

Kevin,

Thanks for the response. I searched but did not find another version of 1Password. That said, the version I did find (1Password 7) was sitting in a different folder than it should have been. I moved it to the Applications folder, re-booted, and everything's working fine now. Thanks again for the quick response and assistance...much appreciated.

Best,
    -David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DavidDMF - glad to hear you were able to figure it out! :)

This discussion has been closed.