Creating bookmarks in Safari for 1PW 7 and then trying to use them in IOS

Options
hershey
hershey
Community Member

When I create a Safari bookmark by dragging a login from 1PW 7 to the bookmarks bar, it creates an entry that starts with "onepassword7://open_and_fill/". That's fine for MacOS. But my bookmarks are synced to IOS and when I try to use them on my iPad or iPhone, IOS is lost as to what to do with them. In 1PW 6, I had no problems using the bookmarks across both platforms. Do I have to create a separate set of bookmarks for Mac and another for IOS ? If so, you have removed functionality.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:onepassword7://open_and_fill/

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @hershey! Sorry about the confusion. Those bookmarks only work with 1Password for Mac since the iOS extension works differently. It's activated in the share area of a browser on iOS, which means you need to open it there. Having a URL scheme won't work since 1Password doesn't have the access it needs to open an item there. You can open and fill in the iOS app itself by tapping a website in an item, though, and that'll open the 1Password browser and fill the page that you have saved in the website field.

This discussion has been closed.