Bring back Family Stand Alone License - And Upgrade Pricing

bigreddog
bigreddog
Community Member

I have been a customer over 10 years. I have recommended you probably 100 times. But this whole 1P7 upgrade and licensing debacle is inconsistent with the company to whom I've been loyal.

I tried 1password online when you first built it... then abandoned it.

I tried 1password online when you rebuilt it and said it was great... it wasn't.

I'm done. Don't tell me it is easy, and the way to go. I see no benefit in storing my data with you over Dropbox or iCloud... or anywhere else. Dropbox has been 100% reliable since I've been using it.

So, why not let me use the product, as I've been doing for years now?

Why push so hard to go with your subscription model?

Why change your licensing model for you loyal customers who have helped you build a sustained and profitable company?

Bring back upgrade pricing and family licensing. And don't hide it!

Bottom line... I've been supporting you. You've been supporting me. Don't forget that, because it really doesn't seem like you want my support anymore - unless it's on your terms.

1Password Version: v2-v6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX, Mac, Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@bigreddog: That's fine. If you prefer Dropbox and iCloud, you should use them. We put a lot of work into supporting those too. Thanks for trying 1Password.com. I'm sorry that you didn't find it to your liking, but we'll keep making it better and maybe in the future it'll better meet your needs. If not, that's okay too. Nobody's pushing you. If we were, you'd be using 1Password.com. ;)

We don't have plans to return to the bad old days of upgrade pricing and family licenses because, while I'm glad if you yourself had a good experience with those and sad if you had less than a good one with 1Password.com, for the vast majority of our customers the opposite has been true. We would of course like your support, but we can't force you to give it! We'll keep working to make our products the best they can be, and if if the future they're a better fit for you -- either as we evolve or you do, or both -- we'll be happy to have you. No matter what, thanks for your support in the past, and best to you and your family from ours. :)

ref: LWV-21277-739

This discussion has been closed.