7.0.2 update buggy

Options
ChazMacs
ChazMacs
Community Member

I just updated, and now 1Password is unusable. The app opens and seems to work, but the browser extension in Safari now momentarily shifts focus to the 1Password app window rather than behaving normally. Also, the 1Password Mini icon is missing and is not running. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and extension without improvement. In addition, I had to choose sync preferences again, and when I did the merge resulted in many if not all items in my vault duplicated. How can I clean this mess up?

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• heihachi88
    heihachi88
    Community Member
    Options

1password 7 overall is slower than 6th version, browser extension causes performance issues in chrome now.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Yup. Dead in Safari. Fine in FireFox.

Safari 11.1.1 (13605.2.8)
    macOS 10.13.5 Beta (17F70a)

Also - the 1Password Troubleshooting App won't create a diagnostic report. It just beach balls forever.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Two reboots of my machine and all seems to have sorted itself out. Even the 1P Troubleshooting App.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @HFTobeason

My guess is that you somehow had multiple versions of 1Password either installed or running on your machine, which can cause all sorts of unwanted behaviours. The reboots likely cleaned out the extraneous processes, fixing the problem. Please do check various folders on your Mac such as your Applications and Downloads folders to make sure you don't inadvertently have multiple copies of 1Password.

• SecurityWiser1
    SecurityWiser1
    Community Member
    Options

This upgrade is very uncharacteristic of Agile Bits to have this level of confusion. You make a great product, but this upgrade is a bit confusing. The upgrade from 6.8x to 7 felt a bit like a bait and switch. There was no pricing information available for the Version 7 standalone until after downloading and installing. The version 7 upgrade from Agilebits website removed version 6 from my computer. I can't use version 7 or access my passwords that were in version 6 to get this upgrade done. While trying to activate the version 7 standalone it was discovered that the $49 price was for single use only not an upgrade to a standalone family license like what I have been using for years. I do not know if I buy the Version 7 standalone if I can use the license on more then 1 of my own computers ( I have 2 Macs that are my own machines) on my account. I don't want to sync to your server just to have a standalone version that I can use on my 2 Macs. After writing this support comment I was unable to log into your site to post it because my log in and passwords are still inaccessible on version 7 and version 6 has been removed by the version 7 installer, so I had to create a new account and then sign in to your site just to send you this comment!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @SecurityWiser1

Standalone licenses aren’t advertised anymore. We strongly feel that membership is going to provide the best experience for most customers, especially those wishing to share with their families. That said, I am sorry that you had trouble finding the information you were looking for. 1Password 7 for Mac licenses are available in the app for $65 USD. There is currently a limited time introductory price of $50 USD available. That will likely end soon.

I’d highly recommend checking out 1Password Families, but if you are set on standalone licensing: yes, you can use 1Password 7 for Mac on all of your Macs. Anyone else wishing to use 1Password on those Macs would need their own license.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• SecurityWiser1
    SecurityWiser1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, does this mean that the Standalone license will work on 2 of my own machines (not sharing with a family) or is a separate $50 license needed for each of my own machines?

• Ben
    Options

Sorry I wasn’t clear: with one 1Password 7 for Mac license you personally can use 1Password 7 for Mac on any number of Macs. It doesn’t matter how many or if they are yours (e.x. you can use it at work too). But it does only apply to Macs, and is only for one person.

Does that better explain the situation? Please let me know.

Ben

• SecurityWiser1
    SecurityWiser1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that clarifies

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.