1Password 7 does not activate the "login" button

Options
chriswi
chriswi
Community Member

After having upgraded from 1Password 6 to version 7 the application fills out the fields "Name" and "Password" but does not activate the "Login" button (on all my saved passwords and logins). Where can I activate an automatic login, so that I don't have click again the "Login" button?

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @chriswi

Open up 1Password and, in the top menu bar, click 1Password>Preferences>Browsers. There is an option "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords". Make sure that is checked. If it is already checked, toggle it a couple of times and see if any messages pop up or if that fixes the issue.

• chriswi
    chriswi
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, issue solved !!

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Corey, you're welcome!

• macsuperuser
    macsuperuser
    Community Member
    Options

In the actual 1Password 7.2 this checkbox does not exist anymore !!!
    And the problem is here again - the login-button is not pressed automatically.

• abandonedbrain
    abandonedbrain
    Community Member
    Options

Just here to pile on and say "WTF?!"... I see that it's listed in the update's Security section as being removed. Is this because the "login" buttons are being spoofed? If so, what's the difference in having 1P click it as opposed to humans? I guess I'd like to know what to tell my clients when they ask me to fix this issue for them.

• ngocphamm
    ngocphamm
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, would like to know the answer to the option being removed.

• 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, with Mojave Autofill does not work as expected. The login entries were filled in, but I have to hit the Enter button to log in.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
    Extension Version: 7.2.1
    OS Version: 10.14
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @macsuperuser (and hello @abandonedbrain and @ngocphamm)! I wish I had news that was more to your liking, but Auto-Submit is gone and it likely won't be returning. I go into a little more detail in this post, but essentially, it's a security issue. It's not so much that 1Password is doing anything insecure as it is that this is the exact behavior utilized by certain malware.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1puburap - thanks for writing in. That actually IS working "as expected," from our perspective; auto-submit has been removed in version 7.2 of 1Password for Mac. The reason for this is that Apple has begun preventing the mechanism we use for auto-submit (simulating the pressing of the Return or Enter keys with a script). This was how auto-submit was accomplished in previous versions of 1Password for Mac. Apple quite rightly pointed out that although this mechanism is quite useful in some perfectly legitimate instances (such as ours), it's also how some of the worst malware out there installs itself onto users' Macs: by means of simulating the press of the Enter or Return key. Truthfully, we agree with Apple: pressing an execution key such as Return or Enter should be something ONLY the user does, not something that can be done surreptitiously by script without the user's consent or even knowledge. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a permanent change, in all likelihood.

This discussion has been closed.