How to Sync a vault stored on my Mac?

Options
gcv
gcv
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I recently upgraded from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 as a stand-alone license. I do not use 1Password.com.

When I upgraded to version 7 I was directed to set up a new "Primary" vault. I did that, and set it up to sync with my iOS devices using drop box. I see I now have two vaults on my Mac. One vault on my Mac is labeled "On My Mac /Primary" that stores any new data I add, but another vault is labeled "Primary Vault on Dropbox." It has all of my original data stored in the cloud but NOT on my Mac.

In 1Password 6 I had all of my data stored on my Mac in my primary folder and synced it with my iOS devices using Dropbox. I want all my data stored only in one file on my Mac like I had in version 6. I don't want it stored only in the cloud on Dropbox.

How can I get 1Password to save all of my data on the Mac and only use Dropbox for syncing? I looked in the forum but don't see an answer. I also looked at the 1Password 7 portion of the web site but it only appears to provide instructions for the subscription model.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How to Sync a vault stored on my Mac?

ref: BNW-85685-831

Comments

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member
    Options

PS: I just tried to drag and drop all of the items in the Dropbox vault to my Mac vault and everything disappeared. ;(

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @gcv! Moving your items by dragging them shouldn't have lost them entirely, so let's take a closer look. I'm going to reply to the email you sent us and we'll get things sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.