Lock Button

Options
definitelynotacat
definitelynotacat
Community Member

Am I missing something or is there no lock button on 1Password 7 for Mac?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Andrew_Lapadat
    Andrew_Lapadat
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password 7 does not have a visual lock button. You can either wait for the time out to automatically lock the app, or you can use the "Lock" option in the dropdown menu at the top. This option has a keyboard shortcut associated with it, which can be customized in the Preferences. Hope that helps!

• Valdemar1
    Valdemar1
    Community Member
    Options

That doesn't help very much when it's the most important and used button in the 1Password program. I guess it's back to version 6.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @Valdemar1, as Andrew stated above, the only method of locking 1Password 7 without the timeout is using the button in the menu bar (1Password 7 > Lock) or the keyboard shortcut Control‑Option‑Command‑L (or whatever you customize it to in Preferences).

If those options are not to your liking, let us know and we will note your request.

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member
    Options

Can we please bring back the lock button? It drives me absolutely bonkers to not have it there. I can't easily use most global control sequences as I'm an Emacs user and have a lot of key combinations set.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @wusticality. We don’t have any plans to put a lock button in v7 but we do appreciate the feedback and will take it into consideration. If the keyboard shortcut isn’t a feasible option you may want to consider locking 1Password using 1Password 7 > Lock from the menu bar.

Ben

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member
    Options

I still don't understand why you guys removed it, being able to lock the vault is about the most common operation you perform in 1Password. :/

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2018
    Options

@wusticality

If you find yourself locking 1Password that frequently you may want to consider setting up more appropriate auto-lock settings in 1Password > Preferences > Security. In particular you may want to consider the "Lock when main window is closed" setting so that you can quickly lock 1Password with one click.

Ben

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben, thanks for the response. I've already got all those setup, thanks for your suggestions. Hoping to see it come back in the future. Thanks for your time -wusticality

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• tloehr
    tloehr
    Community Member
    Options

Ok guys. It's xmas time and it's just one frigging button. Can we please please please have the lock button back ?.

Pretty please with sugar on ? It's really annoying.

Bye, Torsten (who was using the lock button since 2009)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

At this point there are things we need to work on that have seen a much higher amount of interest. But it's something we'll continue to evaluate along with feedback from all of our customers. Thanks for sharing your preference! :)

This discussion has been closed.