Moved to 1P7: Is shared vault with parents possible?

Options
aplnub
aplnub
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Families

Long time 1P user. Was using Dropbox for syncing. This meant my family (wife and children) had their own private vaults and we had shared vaults on Dropbox. My wife and I have a shared vault and we had a family shared vault.

Deciding to move to 1P7 for the sake of sanity of my family. The Dropbox sync was NOT 100%. No surprise there. Everything is now setup and works as before but easier now.

But, my parents use 1P too. They also use Dropbox for syncing. They had a shared vault with me. They have not updated to 1P7 yet because dealing with parents and change is always fun. But I noticed I lost the ability to have a shared vault with them.

Am I over looking anything?

If they upgrade to a family plan on 1P7 it would be nice if we could share vaults with other Family Plans.

Any suggestions short of adding them to my family to share a vault with them?

TIA

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @aplnub,

If you are just looking to share a single vault with them it may make sense to invite them to your 1Password Families membership as guests:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

Could you elaborate on the reason for not wanting to invite them as full family members? That may help us determine the best path forward, but I think guests would certainly be one possible solution.

Ben

• aplnub
    aplnub
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thank you for responding. I want to share one vault with my parents. I didn't realize there was a guest option. That will clear this up. I will look into that and utilize it.

The reason both them and I wouldn't want them on the same plan is because we prefer to handle our own business. That make sense? Plus, we want to be fair to AgileBits.

• Ben
    Options

Ben, thank you for responding. I want to share one vault with my parents. I didn't realize there was a guest option. That will clear this up. I will look into that and utilize it.

Great. :)

The reason both them and I wouldn't want them on the same plan is because we prefer to handle our own business.

Fair enough.

Plus, we want to be fair to AgileBits.

We appreciate that, but this would fall into the intended scope for 1Password Families, so no worries there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.