Shouldn't the dock icon disappear when closing the main window?

Options
einsteinbqat
einsteinbqat
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Closing the main window used to make the dock icon go away as well, but now it just sits there until I CMD+Q it. It is a bug or a feature?

1Password Version: 7.0.2 (70002000)
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@einsteinbqat In 1Password 7 for Mac, the mini and the main app are no longer separate processes. We've done some workarounds to allow things to appear to behave as they did in previous versions, but essentially you cannot have one running without the other any longer, which means closing the window of the main app doesn't "quit" the main app (and remove the dock icon). Using ⌘Q acts like quitting 1Password in previous versions (but leaving the mini running in the menubar). We accomplish this by re-mapping ⌘Q to close the main window and hide the dock icon, since it can't actually quit without quitting the mini also. If you want to fully quit 1Password, type ^⌥⌘Q (or just hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Hope that helps!

• einsteinbqat
    einsteinbqat
    Community Member
    Options

Oh! I see! Thanks!

• Jacob
    Options

On behalf of Lars, you're welcome. :+1:

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars and @Jacob - for the record (and feedback) - I think this pseudo-quitting behavior is asking for trouble. It certainly makes troubleshooting difficult when the standard method of "let me just start over" doesn't actually do what is expected.

• Jacob
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.