IPhone Update Has Locked Me Out

Options
AndrewWatts
AndrewWatts
Community Member

My iPassword app has updated to the new installation, and has now taken me to an entirely different screen. Before all I was asked for was my password - I was able to input my password and retrieve my information, whereas now I'm being asked to 'Add an account.' The problem is, I'm unable to add an account because I haven't got a Master Password because I haven't got a paid account. How am I able to retrieve my old password data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AndrewWatts

You do have a Master Password. Everyone has a Master Password. Your Master Password is that password you have been using to retrieve your data. What you might not have is a Secret Key as only people with membership subscriptions have that.

How have you been syncing your data so far? Dropbox? iCloud? Something different?

• AndrewWatts
    AndrewWatts
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response Corey! I beg your pardon - yes, a Secret Key password is what I meant. As far as I was aware I was storing the data on the app, through my account - I have tried signing in through Dropbox and iCloud and they're not linking me to the previous password storages that I had.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@AndrewWatts Let's clear up a bit of terminology to make sure we are on the same page here. When 1Password refers to an "Account" it means people who are using our 1Password membership subscription service. Considering you were, by your own admission, not one of those people, you don't have an "account" as 1Password means it. Am I incorrect in that?

Also, have you been using 1Password on any other devices than just your phone?

• AndrewWatts
    AndrewWatts
    Community Member
    Options

Yes you are correct in that, I don't have a membership or "account."

No, I've just been using it on my Phone. The options to log into 1Password for me are now either using 1Password itself (which requires an account as we discussed), or iCloud/Dropbox/WLAN Server, none of which work for me in accessing my information so far.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this isn't good, @AndrewWatts. Which update were you doing? Do you know from what version to what version?

• AndrewWatts
    AndrewWatts
    Community Member
    Options

It's way not good! I'm not sure which version I was on I'm afraid, although I installed the app perhaps a year ago - but it updated to 7.0.6.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@AndrewWatts and, just checking, this is the first time you updated it in a year?

ref: YTJ-98883-521

This discussion has been closed.