Cannot unlock vault after update - all login items lost?

kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I had 1PW open with an unsaved edit. 1PW7 prompted me via Mac notification to update and I said yes (not knowing that an edit was in progress). The running 1PW7 asked me to save the edit (most likely triggered by the now in-progress update). The update said it was not successful and my 1PW7 screen showed that all of my items were gone. I quit 1PW7 and now cannot unlock the vault after giving it the correct secret. I'm really concerned that all of my vault items are gone and the update either corrupted my vault or deleted the items. I need help ASAP.

1Password 7
Version 7.0.2 (70002000)

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: vault

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @kenj

Sorry for the trouble. How have you been syncing your 1Password data so far?

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Yes, I sync via icloud.

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

I've generated a troubleshoot report and sent it to your support email (and referenced this support URL thread).

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

This problem was on my imac. I've verified the sync on my macbookpro and that the vault contents are showing up ok. The MBP vault unlocked properly with my secret. The problem now is that my imac 1PW7 is not recognizing my secret unlock for the vault. Should I create a new vault and import the pif from the MBP export?

It appears thusfar that an update with an unsaved login item can lead to this problem. I hope the troubleshoot report helps figure this out. Let me know if you need anything else and how to proceed.

NOTE:
    My MBP is still on 1PW7 v7.0.1 (70001002)
    My iMac is showing 1PW7 v7.0.2 (70002000)

Should I avoid updating the MBP version until this issue is resolved??

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@kenj I don't think that should be a problem. But as for solving your current issue, you said you sent in a diagnostic report. You should have gotten a response from BitBot with a Support ID. Could you post that here?

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

MBH-48834-362

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Also, let me know how I should proceed on my iMac. It's inconvenient at the moment to not have 1PW7 available on it.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Great @kenj. Let's take this over to email so that it's no longer in a public space.

ref: MBH-48834-362

This discussion has been closed.