1Password 7 - Mac - Safari no extension

Jeff Kingston
Jeff Kingston
Community Member

I have had no luck getting the extension in Safari to appear

I understand this is a new way to do extensions, however from what I am seeing in the forums its not very reliable.

I have removed the old 1Password extension.

I have reinstalled 1Password 7 and then rebooted. (See the backed up 1Password7 in the next screenshot)

My 1Password 7 is installed in my Applications directory

Why is it not showing up in Safari? Are there clear instructions on this anywhere?

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jeff Kingston - sorry for the trouble! I'm wondering whether you can try visiting our extensions page and re-installing 1Password's Safari extension.

I understand this is a new way to do extensions...

Actually, no. It was, during some of the earlier beta-testing period, but we had to return to the same extension we also use for Chrome and Firefox, for Safari. In other words, the one that's been road-tested by millions of users as well as by us, since version 6 and before. I'm not quite sure what's going on with your specific setup, but the place to start would be not with reinstalling 1Password itself, but by trying to re-install the extension. If you've done that, what was the result when you double-clicked the safariextz file that should've been downloaded into your Downloads folder?

• Jeff Kingston
    Jeff Kingston
    Community Member

I didn't attempt to install that because the version was 4.7.1.

I did install it and it worked. I never would have tried that since it seemed like my old 1Password 4 for windows or something.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jeff Kingston - ah, sorry for the confusion. The versions of our different products have different version numbers, as they're all developed independently. We try to keep pace with things between the actual apps, but the extension itself is on a completely different schedule. Glad you got it sorted! :)

This discussion has been closed.