How do I add a username to an entry that only has a password?

PloughGuy
PloughGuy
Community Member

This was obvious in the old days, but I think I am getting dumber as I get older ...

I have an entry in iPassword created by a password change - a vendor sent me a userid and password in an email - I logged in and changed the password immediately. 1Pw recorded the password but not the user id (because the password change page did not have a data entry field for it.)

I remember adding usernames under the same circumstances in the past, but now I cannot see how to do it. It must be possible, right?

Any hints?
Russ

1Password Version: 689001
Extension Version: 4.7..1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I add a username to an entry that only has a password?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PloughGuy

I think I am getting dumber as I get older ...

If that's the case, I think you might be contagious too, since I feel that way regularly. ;)

I have an entry in iPassword created by a password change - a vendor sent me a userid and password in an email - I logged in and changed the password immediately. 1Pw recorded the password but not the user id (because the password change page did not have a data entry field for it.)

If you have a Login record in 1Password, there should of course be a field for the username there. If all you have is a Password record (identifiable by the generic key icon and the fact that it's in the Passwords category), then there won't be a username field because it's not a Login, it's just a bare Password. However, if that's the case, you'll see on the bottom of the window a button marked "Convert to Login." Clicking that will give the record both a username field and a URL field ("website"). Does that help?

This discussion has been closed.