Missing data after migrating from local vault

invictus26
invictus26
Community Member

I've had a family account since it was first released, but I didn't migrate most of the data over (didn't like the new handling of attachments). I finally had to migrate when I upgraded to version 7, but I just noticed that a big chunk of data is missing. Even the backups are missing between 4/27 and 5/18, so I can't restore to just before migrating. I tried importing my old agilekeychain file, but it had an error part-way through. I don't even know the extent of the data that I've lost, but I'm obviously incredibly concerned. Is there anything I can do to recover it?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@invictus26 - sorry for the trouble, and for the delay in our reply!

I don't even know the extent of the data that I've lost, but I'm obviously incredibly concerned. Is there anything I can do to recover it?

Almost certainly, though what we can do will depend on the state of a few things. But don't panic; it's not as bad as it might seem.

If I'm understanding you right, you had a standalone setup, then opened a 1Password Families account but didn't migrate your data? So you were running both standalone vaults and some stuff in 1Password Families? Then, when you installed 1Password 7 for Mac, you did migrate your data from standalone -> 1Password Families? Have I got that correct? If so, and to get a better idea of what might be going on with your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HDQ-49371-189]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @invictus26 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HDQ-49371-189

This discussion has been closed.