All passwords gone / still on my phone though / help

noname_nora
noname_nora
Community Member

Hi,

I have a huge problem right now. CleanMayMac3 deleted all my passwords. I am using the 1password app for Mac OS and I am using the iPhone. I sync them as soon as they are in the same WLAN. I also have a Time Machine backup from 1 day ago. What can I do? What are they right steps.

Opening a new vault on the Max and synch it with the iPhone? I am afraid he deletes all on the iPhone.
Best would be to rebuild the 1Password data on the Mac with Time Machine. But what folders do I have to synch and make?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• noname_nora
    noname_nora
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I restored now with a .1p4_zip I found from end of 2016.
    But as mentioned I have a time machine backup from yesterday. What files do I need to copy from where?

I synch all date with m iPhone via the plan server.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @noname_nora! I'm sorry for the trouble! We recommend against users using "cleaner" or "uninstaller" apps, as these can often remove more data then you want them to (such as, in a worst case, your entire data folder). The recommended way to delete 1Password is to simply drag it to your Mac's trash, then empty the trash. This will leave your actual data (in your Library folder) intact.

At this point, if you still have the 1Password data on your iPhone, the best thing to do will be to start over and use sync to "import" the data from your iPhone, rather than trying to restore files from a Time Machine backup -- since we're not really sure which 1Password files were deleted and therefore don't know which ones to restore.

Can I ask: what version of 1Password are you using on both your Mac and your iPhone, how many vaults do you have, and what method of sync are you using? Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.